Lasagna ( with courgette)
- 2lbs of local grass fed, free range beef (or other meat)
- tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1/3 tube of tomato puree
- red pepper
- 2 big hand fulls of mushrooms
- A large onion
- A bulb of garlic
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- teaspoon of coriander
- teaspoon of mixed herbs
- salt and pepper
- 300ML of Sour cream
- 4 large courgettes
- A sprinkling of grated extra strong cheese
- Heat up a large pain with a knob of butter and add the mince. Break it up and keep turning until it’s brown.
- Drain the mince and leave in a bowl. Return the pain to the heat and add the finely chopped onion, pepper, mushrooms and garlic.
- After a few minutes add the paprika, coriander, mixed herbs, salt and pepper. Stir few a minute, then add the tin of tomatoes and tomato puree.
- Give it a couple of minutes and finally add the cooked mince back into the pain.
- Slice the courgette in long lengths and place until the grill for a few minutes each side, this will help them retain their structure.
- Now prepare as a normal lasagna in an large oven proof dish. Add half layer of mince, cover with half the courgettes, spread sour cream of the courgettes, add the remaining mince, courgette, then sour cream,
- Sprinkle with the cheese and maybe a few more herbs and cook for a further 25 minutes at 160.
Nice with a leafy salad or some homemade sweet potato wedges if your hungry.